Hey there Peeps! Welcome to the last Saturday before Christmas! Woot! I'm not done yet. Still a few more gifts to buy and I still have wrapping to do. That's okay. I love Christmas and I love getting things ready for all of our family get togethers and, of course, for Santa''s midnight ride. ;-)
Yesterday was my last day at school/work until after the New Year *happy dance*. I participated in a cookie exchange this week and I made one of our family's favorite cookies..."Egg Nog Snickerdoodles". Yum!
I've had a few people ask for the recipe so I thought I'd share it here for all of you. These cookies are UH mazing and really easy to make. I hope you enjoy them.
EGG NOG SNICKERDOODLES
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and remaining sugar. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Have a magical weekend,